About James Newman MD, FACS
BioDr. James Newman is the Founder and Director of the Aesthetic Center located in Palo Alto, San Mateo, and Half Moon Bay. With over 15 years of skilled surgical experience and an innovator in minimally invasive techniques, he is one of the most sought-after plastic surgeons in the area. Dr. Newman has put together a team of exemplary plastic surgeons, aestheticians, anesthesiologist and anti-aging specialist to help patients achieve their highest goals of both inner and outer health and beauty.
- American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Fellow
- American Academy of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery, Fellow
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- American Society for Lasers in Medicine & Surgery, Fellow
- American College of Surgeons
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons
- World Society of Aesthetic Surgery
- Santa Clara County Medical Association, Member
- California Society of Facial Plastic Surgery, Executive Board
Honors & Awards
While there are many accomplishments both past and present of James Newman, MD, FACS, the following are summarized highlights. A complete 15-page Curriculum Vitae can be requested by contacting our office.
Published Papers in Peer Review Journals—Thirty papers as a primary or secondary author.
International and National Lectures and Presentations—Over 50 presentations in 4 different Continents and averages 2 per year.
Regional Lectures—Over 50 Presentations and averages 3 per year.
Television, Radio, and Print Media Sessions—Over 20 interviews, appearances, and quoted segments. Appearances have been broadcast not only in San Francisco but Chicago, San Diego, Washington, DC, and New York City.
Hospital Professional Staff Positions—4 Major Hospital Systems in the Bay Area including Stanford University Medical Center and Mills Health Center.
James Newman, MD graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Baylor University before entering medical school at the University of Texas on an academic scholarship. While in medical school he received the Jimmy Dickinson Award recognizing the top student in anatomy and went on to receive Honors Recognition in Surgery. He graduated in the top of his class and received the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha award.